The Province presented information on high level budget and allocations for FY 2021-22. Council provided the following feedback:
- Request for additional detail for each of the funding categories.
- Acknowledge other sources of funding (core budgets, COVID stimulus funds, other ministries) for wildlife work and reconciliation.
- Increase the level of partnership approach and best mechanisms to ensure access to funding for First Nations.
- Ideas and questions were presented related to setting aside a percentage of funds for acquisition, funding for data management, predator management, reconciliation, funding for Forum.
- Council to consider performance measures to clearly set out the efficacy of the Together for Wildlife funding.