Priorities for 2022-2024
Together for Wildlife Strategy Priorities
The Minister’s Wildlife Advisory Council is focused on the following priorities in implementing the Together for Wildlife strategy for 2022-2024.
- Advancing reconciliation, honouring the commitment to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the B.C. Declaration Act.
- Creating a strong, collaborative vision for the stewardship of wildlife and habitat in B.C.
- Providing advice on the establishment of Regional Wildlife Advisory Committees.
- Supporting engagement on the draft Objectives Setting policy.
- Advising on the governance of wildlife funding in B.C.
- Advising on approaches to achieving ample permanent, dedicated funding for wildlife and habitat stewardship.
- Developing recommendations to reduce wildlife mortality and increase public safety on B.C. highways.
- Offering recommendations to reduce harm to wildlife from resource access roads.
- Continued collaboration with the First Nations Forum and PHTAT.
- Communication with First Nations and stakeholders, for example through annual Wildlife Dialogues.