Priorities for 2020-2022
Together for Wildlife Strategy Priorities
The Minister’s Wildlife Advisory Council is focused on the following priorities in implementing the Together for Wildlife strategy for 2020-2022.
- Advancing reconciliation, honouring the commitment to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the B.C. Declaration Act
- Supporting transparent implementation of the Together for Wildlife Strategy and helping to build trust among the many different organizations involved in the conservation of wildlife in B.C.
- Working collaboratively with other provincial initiatives to achieve common goals and objectives
- Recommending a new dedicated funding model and opportunities for innovative partnerships to leverage dollars for wildlife and habitat
- Advising on the establishment of world class wildlife and habitat stewardship objectives, finding common ground among diverse interests, and building on successful models of co-management and joint decision making in B.C.
- Making recommendations to give greater priority to wildlife in provincial statutes
- Reviewing and making public comment on the annual report to the Minister regarding progress made on the Strategy implementation.